Inter-library loans are back!
We know inter-library loans are valued by our members and we have been working hard to find a solution since this service was suspended.
We have been working with Public Libraries Victoria to consider how to balance the rising costs of logistics, courier and other operational services whilst retaining access for members to the wider network of items we collectively hold.
If you would like to make an inter-library loan visit the catalogue on our website or speak with our library staff, to place a hold.
We are currently in a three-month trial and we encourage your feedback during this time.
Some things to note.
- Deliveries are now weekly. You will be contacted via sms or email once an item is ready to be collected.
- There’s a limit of 20 inter-library holds per user at any one time.
- You can still borrow up to 50 items on your one Hyphen membership card.
- Other libraries new items will be unavailable for inter-library loan for the first six months. If we don’t have the title in the Hyphen collection, consider using the purchase request service online or speak to a staff member.
- Magazines, music CDs and picture books are no longer available for inter-library loans.
- Please collect your inter-library loans within 10 days of receiving your notification, or cancel if they are no longer required. If you are unable to collect within 10 days, please let the staff know by calling 02 6022 9330.
Never used the inter-library loan service before?
Talk to our staff and they will take you through the process and how you can access this service as part of your library membership.
If you are unable to place a hold online, you can either place a request online or speak to a staff member.
What can you do to help?
Where possible, return your items to the home library they came from.